Thursday 1 April 2010

Nearly at an end

First I thought I would have done my 240 hours by early January. Then there were all the Sundays when I was among those turned away (no work, no supervisors, no BUS!) so I thought it would be February, then there was the snow. But now I have 8 more hours to do, one day plus a couple of hours. Not this week though, it's Easter.

Some people don't seem to care how long the hours stretch out, it is just a way of life. A couple of weeks ago one bloke (I'll call him Steve) was on his last 6 hours. It was clear, yet again, that there would not be enough places on the one rotten bus that they had actually managed to get started that morning. The rule when you get near the end of your sentence is you are not to be stood down.

Steve was moved to the front of the line to make sure he got on the bus. Somehow he was counted then doubled back to the end of the line again behind me.

The dumb look on the supervisor's face when he thought he had a full bus and looked round and saw Steve made everyone laugh. Steve must have thought it was worth it but he's mad, he could have finishd that day but he didn't, just so that he could beat the system. It reminded me of the time when I had just begun CS and two boys stole all sorts of stupid worthless stuff from the school we were painting, just because it was there. I was a bit shocked then, not much surprises me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment