Saturday 23 January 2010

Tomorrow

I'm thinking about tomorrow. My next day of CS. Wondering what we will be told to do. Last week we went to the old churchyard again. We are clearing the weeds and long grass from around the grave stones, we began the work before Christmas and the extended break caused by snow, lack of supervisors and no supervisors at all. I have been reading the inscriptions on the stones, no one has been buried there for over 50 years. Then last week a very old lady walked through. She said how glad she was to see the place looking more cared for. Her brother was buried there, he died when he was five. That must have been way before the second world war, so after all someone appreciates what we are doing

2 comments:

  1. In an earlier post you said CS had no practical relevance - meaning, I took it, that you were learning nothing from it. And I agree that's a wasted opportunity. But from this post it seems to me that you have done something of practical relevance, if not really to your advantage. Maybe the system didn't really expect your payback to be for one very old lady, but perhaps there are worse outcomes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the comment from one old lady was unexpected but it was really nice. I am really pleased we have done something good even if for just one person. I have said before the deterrant for me was getting arrested. But I am realistic, I know I have to keep my head down and 'pay my debt to society' my gripe is always that we should do something a bit more worthwhile and the OMS should be better organised, standing us down because not enough supervisors turn up or they are too mean to service the van so it breaks down is not our fault but it effectively adds another day to our sentence.

    ReplyDelete